The family was supposed to adopt a dog from a shelter, when they came to pick it up, they were shocked
Drako is a pitbull dog who lightly bit his neighbor, leaving two puncture marks on his hand.
A dog that bites someone must be quarantined for 10 days.
Unfortunately, it turned out that Drako does not have up-to-date rabies vaccinations, and in such a situation, quarantine must take place at the shelter.
On May 8, Drako was supposed to return home, but on the last day of April, the family learned that the dog had died.
He was euthanized by mistake. How could the shelter allow such a mistake? Well, employees say poor communication is to blame.
Drako was at the shelter for the second time (for the same reason) and one of the employees did not realize that it was still in quarantine.
His story was full of this type of behavior. He was in quarantine for the second time this year for the same reason.
A shelter employee, during a conversation with the dog’s guardians, understood that they wanted to put Draco to sleep.
The shelter offered the family $1,000 in damages and any assistance with the dog’s cremation and burial.
The whole story is tragic, but we must remember that if the family had taken care of vaccinating Drako against rabies, they would not have had to give the dog to the shelter. Quarantine could be carried out at home.